Pet Friendly Travel
Many people love to bring their dogs or cats on vacation. We understand that they are a part of your family and you do not want to leave them behind or in a kennel. There are a few lodging facilities in the Cable Area that do allow pets.
We are a pet friendly chamber of commerce, so bring in your furry friend so we can meet them while you are visiting us.
Town of Cable: Pets must be leashed at all times on town property. Pets are allowed as long as it is not specifically posted otherwise.
Forest Service: requires dogs to be on leash at all times, either in the forest or at their beaches and boat launches. Owner must also clean up after the dogs as well.
Dog Friendly Beaches
Call us if you for more information or directions 1-800-533-7454.
Pet Traveling Tips
2. Make sure your pet is up-to-date on vaccinations and check your pet for any health problems that may be affected by traveling. Get a health certificate and proof of any necessary shots from your vet, and get any medications your pet may need. Remember your health certificate should be issued within 10 days of your trip.
3. Make sure your pet has the proper ID. Be sure your pet’s collar includes a current ID tag, as well as your address and home phone number or cell phone number.
4. Wisconsin enforces the leash law, so make sure you have your pets leash with while you are traveling.
5. Have your pet groomed & clean before you leave.
6. Bring snacks and plenty of water for your companion if you’re traveling by car. You may want to take breaks while traveling, this is very important if you have a pet. Just make sure you have supplies to clean up after.