Adventures for the Entire Family
The Cable Area is a great vacation destination for all ages! Nothing is better than watching your child reel in their first fish, catch a snowflake on their tongue, roast a marshmallow over an open fire, or watching them observe wildlife in its natural habitat.
Here are just a few great ideas to keep everyone happy while you're here!
- Take the family on a hike, or jump on a bike on our family friendly trails in the Chequamegon National Forest. In the winter months strap on a pair of cross country skis or snowshoe for a adventure under a canopy of white.
- If fast paced is more your families style, our area offers over 700 miles of snowmobile and ATV trails. Kids must be aged 16+ and have a drivers licenses to drive on our trails, but double up riding is just as fun!
- Take a dip into one of our area lakes. Grab a canoe, kayak or paddleboat and explore the lake at your own pace. For some more action get behind a boat on a pair of water-skis, wakeboard or a tube.
- Head into town to visit our shops and museums, grab an ice cream cone and people watch.
- Grand View and Cable offer baseball diamonds and basketball courts for a little friendly family competition!
- You'll find playgrounds with picnic facilities in Cable, Drummond and Grand View for the youngsters.
- When winter arrives find a sled and a hill for hours of family fun. Make snow angels and snowmen for everyone to enjoy.
- During the summer months the Cable Natural History Museum offers educational workshops giving kids the opportunities to get their hands dirty and play with nature. Check their website for upcoming dates.” But we offer public and family programs for all ages and through all the seasons, not just kids and not just summer! Pitch a tent at one of our campgrounds and really get back to nature.
- If you've done everything in our neck of the woods, load up the car for a day trip north to Lake Superior and see one of the great lakes. Take a fairy boat ride to Madeline Island (one of thirteen of the Apostle Islands) and explore for the day! If you want to venture to the south Hayward offers a movie theatre, bowling, more shopping, mini golf and go-karts.
- Plan a day to spend with the animals! Pony rides are available for kids starting at the age of 2, and horse back riding is available to kids that meet specific age and height requirements. Visit our attractions page to view our horse back riding members.
If you're looking to reconnect and spend quality time with your family without all of the hustle and bustle of city life, then start planning your vacation to the north woods in the Cable Area today! Creating lasting family memories is what we're all about.